Thursday, October 20, 2011

Just a little treat for your ears (and eyes)... #3

Here are a few more songs that I simply cannot stop listening to, and want to share with the world. I will try my best to compile my next treat in a downloadable mix version, but I enjoy watching the videos just as much, so I'll continue to post my fav songs of the moment.

Ed Sheeran's album, '+' has only been released a couple of weeks ago, but he has already taken the UK charts by storm and has hit number 1! Have a listen to the A Team

-Ed Sheeran

Band of Skull's album 'Baby Darling Doll Face Honey' is great, you should really give the entire album a good listen, but 'I Know What I Am' is just one of my favorites.

-Band of Skulls

Ellie Goulding covered the very famous Elton John balade, 'Your Song'. And she did a great job, I can easily listen to this on repeat for hours.

Ellie Goulding

Lykki Li is so much fun to listen to me and se reminds me a bit of Kate Bush. You can check out 'Little Bit' and 'Babooshka'. While you're at it, do yourself a favour and have a look at I Follow Rivers as well.


Lykke Li- How Beautiful is she?!

My current Guilty Pleasures...Maroon 5 Moves Like Jagger. I'm not into Maroon 5 and whatever their vibe is, but I cannot stop listening to this song and moving along to that very recognisable whistle. And Diana Vickers' The Boy who Murdered Love.

Adam Lavine (Maroon 5) and Christina Aguilera

Next is a famous song from the 80s by Peter Gabriel and Kate Bush Don't Give Up from one of his most sucessful albums yet.

A very young Peter Gabriel

More hits from the 80s, Bruce Springsteen's Streets of Philadelphia, Don Mclean's Vincent and Neil Young's Cowgirl in the Sand (also you can see this year's Idols winner, Dave's cover of it here, which is might I say ridiculously good).

And a much older Don Mclean


Some of my latest discoveries (by which I mean, songs I've discovered in the past year, cannot stop listening to and have been trying to sell it to every single person I know), include The Kills' Alphabet Pony , The Black Keys' Howlin' for you and The Veils' The Letter.

The Kills- Probably the sexiest duo. ever.

And because I'm going to watch Kings of Leon next week, I'll do a KOL post over the weekend with a selection of my favorite songs. x

No comments:

Post a Comment