Monday, April 23, 2012

Tiny Desk Concerts

 Recently I was strolling around the Internet, looking for some inspiration and motivation to start working on one of my acedemic projects. On Youtube, I was stalking Tallest Man on Earth (yet again), when I came across an acoustic set he had done for some or another Radio station.

I then found this, a Radio Station that does this on a regular basis with some very cool artists, NPR.
"NPR, formerly National Public Radio, is a privately- and publicly-funded non-profit membership media organization that serves as a national syndicator to a network of 900 public radio stations in the United States"

I have watched most of them (ok, maybe I've already watched all of them, instead of working on my project), they are all amazing. NPR has really good taste in music, and I would not mind working in an office space were some of my favourite artist performs every Friday.

Have a look at: (these were my favourites, but there are many more that deserves your attention)

Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zero's

Jack White

Beirut 

Iron and Wine

Foster the People - I love their acoustic performances! And would you look at that bassist. :)

Noah and the Whale

and of course The Tallest Man on Earth - amazing as ever.

Enjoy this as I continue working on my project.

No comments:

Post a Comment