Sunday, October 14, 2012

New Favorite Artist Feature #2


Keaton Henson



I literally have no words. This guy has no Wikipedia page and there is very little information about him on the internets, he reminds me quite a bit of Bon Iver –not only musically, but also their "discomfort of strangers". He explained his stage fright in an interview "I've always struggled with live music, both as a spectator and performer...I used to enjoy going to live shows, but felt a strange jealousy. No part of me wanted to share the music with which I had such a profound relationship with a room full of (often drunk and chatty) strangers."
You don’t have to know much about either of their (personal) lives to know they are good musicians. And he is pure perfection. Also, I find him strangely attractive.

I think it's his elusiveness.


Mr Henson has the most amazing (emotional) control of his voice, AND he's only 24!! Just give these a listen and you’ll know what I’m talking about:  Lying to you & You don't know how Lucky you are & F.R.I.E.N.D.S  & Not that you'd even Notice [unfortunately there's no video for these, but at least you can listen to it] & Flesh & Bone & Small Hands [this is one of the most beautiful videos I've seen in a very long time.] 

No comments:

Post a Comment